Monday, June 30, 2014

Vote for Remy in the NA Crush Tourney!


Today is the day, y'all! Remy's first match is today and I'd love love LOVE if you could do me a favor and head over to NA Alley and vote for my boy. If you have a minute or two, it would also help me so much if you could tweet/Facebook/etc. to get even more people to vote! If you need more convincing, I'm posting my advocate post below, but it's the same exact thing as the one over at NA Alley, so really you have no reason not to head over, scroll to the bottom, and vote for REMY! ;)


And I added some graphics made by Val from Stuck in Books to my original Team Remy post, if you'd like to share those, as well. (THEY'RE FABULOUS!)

***

Hello, lovelies! I'm Jessica from Just a Booklover, and this year I have the honor of advocating for Remy from the REAL series by Katy Evans. I know some people have read this series while others haven't, but mostly we're here to talk about how kickass Remy is. So I think I should just get to that, yeah?

Let's start with his personality:
He's very alpha, very protective, and when he wants something, he gets it. He's REAL. He's a good guy--a gentle giant would be a great way to describe him. He's determined and works his ass off to reach his dreams. And he'll do anything--ANYTHING--for his Brooke. His girl. His real.

But since my words will never be enough, here are some quotes from the books:
"You're mine and you need me, and I want you to please come the fuck upstairs with me."

In fact, he's so proud and driven that he's relentlessly taught his body to embrace it. He constantly pushes it to the limits, and I think his threshold for pain might be higher than that of any other athlete I've ever met...

He brushes my hair back and strokes my earlobe. "But if I'd known you existed, I'd have hunted you, I'd have caught you, and I'd have taken you."
"But isn't that what you did?" I ask, smiling.
"Exactly"--he bumps my nose with his, his blue eyes laughing--"what I did."

"I'm getting fat because of yo!" I laughingly squeak.
With a low, sexy chuckle, he lists me up as if I were just the pillow, then tosses the pillow aside, only keeping me to kiss. "You're beautiful."

He laughs in that deep, throaty way of his that makes my skin come alive and all the little hairs on my arms rise, then he kisses my lips in that boyfriend way of his where the kiss isn't meant to arouse us--but just to express some sort of connection--then he surveys me with those adorable black eyes that are now shining very, very much in entertainment.

And now, I think we should get some input from the woman who knows him best. Here's what Brooke has to say about Remy and his beautiful personality:

Remy, Remy, Remy, what can I say about the man who stole my heart the moment he leapt out of the ring to chase me? I knew he would sweep me away, I just never knew how deep and endlessly I’d fall for him. I’ve never, ever, met someone as passionate, as dedicated, and as fierce and untamed as Remington Tate. He’s the one man you know will fight for you, and the one man who inspires me to fight for him with teeth and nail, through thick and thin, blue and black, good and bad. I love his gentle heart, his fierce spirit, his relentlessness and the unexpected purity hiding behind his gruff manners. He’s a beast, a lion, a fighter, a father, my love, and the realest thing I’ve ever fought for.

Next up is looks. I'm going to be frank here, y'all. Remy is prime baby-making material. I mean, come ON. Look at him.


He's sexy as hell. Dear goodness. My own words can't even do justice for our blue-eyed lion, so I'm just going to move on to quotes:
My blue-eyed lion.
His black hair stands up devilishly. The inky Celtic bands across his muscled arms flex as he slowly sips on an electrolyte drink. I see his lorious tanned torso. Those sweatpants riding low on his narrow hips and revealing just the tip of his star tattoo. His bare feet. He looks hot, strong, and cuddlable, and the pulsing energy that seems to radiate from his very being feels like a magnet to me.

I admire his torso and his long, strong legs, his sculptured arms, his narrow waist and broad shoulders. Every muscle in his perfect body is so defined that you would know exactly where one structure ends and the next begins if you trailed your fingers along his magnificent form.
And as he turns even more, I see the washboard abs with eight squares--eight! Yes, it is impossible, but he's got them...and his face.
Oh god, I can't even take it.
The scruffy jaw. The brilliant blue eyes. The sexy smirk. The dimples. He's got a smile on his face; his expression, one that tells you he's got a whole lot of trouble planned for the evening and you don't want to miss it, is playful and boyish.

All that was quotes from Brooke, but maybe she has a little final thought on Remy's looks? Brooke?

Remington? I don’t think there will ever be a day when I look at him and not feel weak in the knees. He’s a god in every way and, judging by the female attention he gets, I’m sure he very well knows it! Everything from the glimmering lights in his eyes, to his cocky dimples, to the raspy scruff on his hard jaw, the tan, rippling muscles on his body, his perfect mouth; sometimes I catch myself staring at him unawares, letting myself enjoy his masculine perfection. I could just eat, drink, and breathe Remy Tate and never want anything else, he thrills me, he fills me, and best of all, he loves me.

Remy's a great guy. He loves hard, he fights hard, and he's 100% REAL. To give you more of a taste for our man, check out this video:


That's him. Our Remy. Protective. Strong. Fierce. Loving. REAL.

I cling to Remington, and he tightens his arms around me and slowly rocks me, his entire body shaking almost like my own as he speaks into my ear. "I got you, little firecracker, I got you right here in my arms."

Blow him a kiss, and he'll catch it.

Overcome with the impulse, I blow him a kiss.
He catches it and smashes it to his mouth.

Give him your hand and he'll give it a kiss.

Remington seems to take pity on her and seizes her hand. He buzzes his lips across her knuckles, and she begins to scream hysterically.

Give him your love and he'll love you back.

It hits me like adrenaline, like a shot of tequila that flies straight to your head, the way his fans love him. The way he loves them back. The way he loves me.

He's Remington Tate, people. Our Riptide. He may not be perfect, but he sure as heck is absolutely real.


So vote for Remy! And if you need a little more motivation, here are some final words from Brooke:

RIPTIDE! All the way! Remington not only the best book boyfriend, he makes the most perfect husband. I’m wearing my ‘Riptide’ colors right now. What will you guys be wearing on fight day?

Need even MORE motivation? Heck, even if you don't. Remy himself would like to say a little something:

LET’S KICK SOME ASS.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!