Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (26)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted over at Breaking the Spine!

Better When He's Bad by Jay Crownover 
Better When He's Bad (Welcome to the Point, #1) 
Release Date: June 17, 2014
Publisher: William Morrow
Series: Welcome to the Point #1

Description from Goodreads:
Welcome to the Point

There’s a difference between a bad boy and a boy who’s bad . . . meet Shane Baxter.

Sexy, dark, and dangerous, Bax isn’t just from the wrong side of the tracks, he is the wrong side of the tracks. A criminal, a thug, and a brawler, he’s the master of bad choices, until one such choice landed him in prison for five years. Now Bax is out and looking for answers, and he doesn’t care what he has to do or who he has to hurt to get them. But there’s a new player in the game, and she’s much too innocent, much too soft…and standing directly in his way.

Dovie Pryce knows all about living a hard life and the tough choices that come with it. She’s always tried to be good, tried to help others, and tried not to let the darkness pull her down. But the streets are fighting back, things have gone from bad to worse, and the only person who can help her is the scariest, sexiest, most complicated ex-con The Point has ever produced.

Bax terrifies her, but it doesn’t take Dovie long to realize that some boys are just better when they’re bad.

 
Why I'm Waiting: 
I have several reasons for being all kinds of excited for this book. It looks awesome. That description? Makes me break out the grabby hands every single time I read it. I mean, ahem, "Sexy, dark, and dangerous." And ohmygod. ALL OF IT. Looks so. Amazing. Just. Ahhhh! I also love the name Bax. Plus, this book is by Jay Crownover. I heart her and her books so freaking hard. (For real, if you haven't started on the Marked Men series yet, you need to get on that. Seriously. Now. DO IT.) 

So yeah. This book looks like a special brand of awesome, you know? 

What are you waiting on this week? Let me know! 

 

4 comments:

  1. Pleaase help fill out this survey. We really appreciate it if you do.
    Thank you,
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Y23PC5W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick, love that cover. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read anything by this author, but your excitement and everyone saying the guys are hot make it a must read!!

    Love the cover :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!