Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Introducing Monthly Re-Reads

In 2013, I had the urge to re-read a bunch of books. To fix that problem, I just re-read my favorite parts of the books when I had free time (and sometimes when I didn't) and by talking about re-reading books. Like on YA Bound, where I did a whole post about my re-reading tendencies.

Then I was talking with Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner on Twitter, and thank sweet baby goodness, I'm not the only one who wants to go back and read some darn good books I read what feels like forever ago. She has a feature on her own blog called Before I Blogged I Read that I think is pretty similar to what I'm doing on my blog this year (and possibly next year and the year after, etc. If this year goes well).

So, how does this whole thing go?

Short version: I read one book that I've already read every month and then post about it.

The version that actually explains things beyond the obvious:
I'll pick one book every month to re-read. It doesn't HAVE to be a book I read before I started blogging and reviewing, but from what I can tell right now, a bunch of them will be. I'll be doing monthly TBR's at the beginning of every month, so you'll know what book I'm re-reading for that month then. Sometime during the month, I'll read it and then write a post about it, which will go up on the last-ish day of the month. Depending on my scheduling situation, it may be a day or two early.

What will the post look like?

Well, there'll be the book info, of course. These posts ARE NOT reviews, but the info is still kind of good to include. And then there will be this section:


Here, I'll tell you what I remember my thoughts being on the book. Not a summary or anything, but particular feelings I remember having. Characters I may have liked/hated, parts that stick out in my mind, that kind of thing. Though the whole post goes up at the same time, I'll be filling out this part BEFORE I read. So this will literally be all from memory.

After that, there will be this section:

Here, I'll tell you how the re-read went. Maybe things I noticed now that I didn't before, or ways my opinions on things have changed. Again, this won't be a summary or anything, just my thoughts. Sort of like a review, but shorter and probably in less detail.

I'm still undecided on whether or not I'll be rating the books, and I may or may not include a favorite quotes section, depending on if I pass by any quotes that I really want to include.

So...that's it. If I wasn't clear enough on anything, or if you have any questions, just let me know and I shall answer. I'm easy to reach on Twitter, and if you ask me a question in the comments here, I'll totally respond. Oh, and I have that handy dandy Facebook page now! You can ask me there. And there is, of course, always email, which I check as often as I possibly can. Because I'm like that. :)

Oh, and since I'm missing January (I just thought of the idea this month, which didn't give me enough time to participate this month), I'm going to make up for it in February. How? I'm reading these:

The Secret Circle: The Initiation and The Captive Part I (The Secret Circle, #1-2) The Secret Circle: The Captive Part II and The Power (The Secret Circle, #2-3) 

Technically, this is a trilogy, but it is two BOOKS, like physically, so I'm counting them that way. As far as how posting will go, I'm thinking I'll probably do the January post in the middle of February. PROBABLY, not DEFINITELY. If not, then I'll do them both at the end of the month. But I am seriously excited to re-read these books! I heart them so hard. 

So...yeah, that's SERIOUSLY it. I'm really looking forward to doing this in 2014, and I'm flailing all over the place that I get to kick it off with a couple of my favorites! 

(Honestly, most of these will probably be favorites, but oh well. I get to read them again--that is that happy point! Eeeep!)


2 comments:

  1. I think I've already told you what I think of this idea, but I'll say it again. I LOVE IT. I'm planning to reread a lot more this year too. I can't wait to see how/if your thoughts have changed over the years/months since reading the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Hopefully you will inspire me to get better at re-reading! I keep meaning toooo but alas I stink at following through with it! Love that you are being intentional about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!