Monday, September 23, 2013

Top Ten Best Sequels Ever!

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
 
Ohh, how do I choose these....
 
My Top Ten Best Sequels Ever:
 
Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Opal (Lux, #3)
I was originally going to go the "only book 2" route, but then I decided that Opal is probably my favorite book in the series. Probably. I'm not positive, though. And since it's my fav, it would only make sense that I chose THIS ONE as the best sequel from that series. Logic, I've got it.
 
Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #2) 
This book was so full of feels, I almost cried in the middle of class while reading it. So beautiful and fantastic. Yeah, this is a darn good sequel. Love it!
 
Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) 
This is my favorite in the trilogy. We meet Cole in this one, and I have no idea why, but Grace being sick is something I enjoyed. I think it's because it was so interesting--figuring it out, how it tied into the wolves and their disease and whatnot. Either way, this one was my favorite.
 
Jealousy by Lili St. Crow
Jealousy (Strange Angels, #3) 
I adore this series! I think this is my favorite. I always get stuck in the middle ones, because those are the ones where Christophe is the best, and I have the biggest crush on him... But I'm pretty sure this is my favorite, because of that scene near the end...after there's the shooting...and Christophe takes his shirt off...I can't help it! I love him! I like what happened before that, too. How Christophe showed up when I Dru needed him. But...yeah.
 
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) 
What I find so great about this one is that it was a huge improvement on Bloodlines. I mean, I really enjoyed Bloodlines. It was good. But this one was great! And, well, there was more Adrian. I will never, ever protest about that.
 
Stargazer by Claudia Gray
Stargazer (Evernight, #2) 
I was stuck between this one and Hourglass for this list, because I THINK that one might be my favorite of the series, but I chose to go with this one because I am without a doubt Team Balthazar. And he gets his turn for a little in this one ;) Personally, I think Lucas is great. Bianca can have him. But I totally would have stuck with good ole Balty.
 
Unraveled by Gena Showalter
Unraveled (Intertwined, #2) 
RILEEEEEEEEEEY! I am all over that boy. For real, I haven't read/don't have the third book yet, but there are very few things I would do to GET that book. I wantwantwant!
 
Time's Forbidden Flower by Diane Rinella
Time's Forbidden Flower (Forbidden Flower, #2) 
I ended up loving this one waaaaay more than I thought I would. I had loved the first book, and completely fallen for Christopher, and I wasn't sure I could get into a sequel as much as I was into book 1. But I tried. And, goodness, I'm so glad I did. Gorgeous, just like the first!
 
How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation by Simone Elkeles
How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation (How to Ruin, #3) 
This book/trilogy/one of these always ends up on my lists. Because I adore Avi. He's one of my top boys. Why I choose this particular book in the trilogy so often...I don't really know. I probably should have chosen How to Ruin My Teenage Life instead, because I can't help but swoon my face off over the phone messages. So cute! And sweet! And...well, Avi. Ahhh, Avi <3
 
Underworld by Meg Cabot
Underworld (Abandon Trilogy, #2) 
John Hayden, how I love you. I liked that he was in this one more, and that he was somewhat softer in this one, and I...just...I really liked this one! And it was a nice improvement on the first one, which I DID like, but I LOVE this one.
 
The Liberator by Victoria Scott
The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2) 
What? This is 11? Say whaaaat?! Yeah, I lost count somehow. Probably because I was too busy swooning over all the book boys that not-so-coincidentally ended up on this list. But I NEED Dante on this list. I heart my boy. Plus, Aspen was introduced in this one, and I think she's awesome. And there's more Max, who is hilarious as all get out, and some other things happen that I'm not going to spoil with, but everything together adds up to this book NEEDING to be on this list. So it is. As #11. Because Dante doesn't care about rules ;) That's why he's my boy.
 
What do you think of my list? What would you put on yours? If you made a post, link me up so I can see!
 
♥Jessica(:

14 comments:

  1. Good list, I loved Linger as well although Grace's illness was actually the only part of the book I wasn't interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad for knowing so little of these series :p. I've only read Shiver and allthough I did really enjoy it I haven't read Linger yet. Maybe is should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these. I probably won't. Series just aren't my thing.

    Here's my list of best sequels ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Days of Blood and Starlight <3 It's one of my favorite books ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for including Time's Forbidden Flower on this list!

    Christopher...sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool list. I can't wait to read Days of Blood and Starlight. I love those covers and I hear it's really good.
    My TTT
    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I really need to read Opal too. My friends can't stop talking about it!!! hahaa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of them! I'm basically at the first book in each of the series. Great list!

    -Marianne @ Boricuan Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Wolves of Mercy Falls and Evernight series! It's nice to see them on here! And I still need to read Elkeles' How to Ruin series, and every other book on here! Great list!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Opal - it made my list too. I was a little underwhelmed with Days of Blood and Starlight, but there were some big moments in it where I was emotional, so it wasn't bad, per say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love it if there was another Strange Angels book!! Maybe Dru in a couple of years kind of thing..I'm a team Christophe fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the great list! I also loved Opal and Linger and hope to read some of the others on this list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Golden Lily was really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these! I've read most of them--The Liberator, the Golden Lily, Opal (of course!) and a few of the others! And I will definitely be checking out some of the other ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!