Monday, August 26, 2013

A to Z Book Blogger Survey!

Jamie from The Perpetual Page-Turner did this around the beginning of August and I thought it looked like fun! So I'm going to give it a go. :)
 
Author you've read the most books from:
Goodreads says Sarah Dessen--I've read nine of hers (all except for her newest, The Moon and More). But the answer should be Jennifer L. Armentrout. Well...if you combine her JLA ones with her J. Lynn ones. I've read more than nine of those, I'm pretty sure. Oh! But if you want to go before I started uses Goodreads and was a little wee one, it's Mary Pope Osborne. I've read a crap load of Magic Tree House books. Those things are the bomb.
 
Best sequel ever:
The first book that comes to mind is Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout. But I also REALLY loved Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor. This is such a hard one to answer! I'm going with both.
 
Currently reading:
Breaking the Reins by Juliana Haygert. And I'm really liking it so far!
 
Drink of choice while reading:
Water. That's actually my drink of choice a majority of the time.
 
E-reader or Physical Book:
Physical book. I do adore my Kindle but I LOVE being able to hold and look at and pet physical copies of books. I also love arranging them on shelves. (Or in stacks. You know, when I run out of shelf room...)
 
Fictional character you probably would have actually dated in high school:
Since I'm in high school right now I guess I just say who I'd date now? Ahhhh, I love so many book boys. But realistically...probably Dexter from This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen. He's a goof and is also sweet...yeah, I see that.
 
(I was GOING to say Guy Chambers from Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott at first. Just so we know.)
 
Glad you gave this book a chance:
Love's Forbidden Flower by Diane Rinella!
 
Hidden gem book:
I've done so much thinking about this one. If I had to pick ONE, though, I'd probably have to say I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahan. So good and so sweet.
 
Important moment in your reading life:
Borrowing books from my friend Ashley. Twilight was the book (and series) that got me into reading, but Ashley was the person that got me to branch out into other YA. Her and my 8th grade advanced English class. A lot of the girls in there read Sarah Dessen books. Without becoming a Sarah Dessen fan, I...I don't even know. THANK YOU PEOPLE. <3
 
Just finished:
The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead. FINALLY!
 
Kind of books you won't read:
Middle grade and most non-fiction. I'm also not a big fan of heavily religious books.
 
Longest book you've read:
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (756 pages)
 
Major book hangover because of:
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken.
 
Number of book cases you own:
One. It holds more books than you'd think, though. The rest of my books are in stacks. But I seriously need another. But first I must find room for it...
 
One book you've read multiple times:
The Secret Circle trilogy by L.J. Smith. That's three books...but I can't read one without reading the others! Team Nick all the way! I actually borrowed those books from a friend (Ashley, who I mentioned before, hehe) and then when I had my own money I bought them so I could read them whenever I wanted. Which has been quite a few times since then. LOVE those books.
 
Preferred place to read:
My bed. It's comfortable and it's also not private so when I start crying or yelling at books I don't get strange looks. There's also this rocking chair at my brother's house I'm quite fond of reading on as well.
 
Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you've read:
And we're going back to my boy Dex... "You know, when it works, love is pretty amazing. It's not overrated. There's a reason for all those songs." -This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen. I also have a pen with this quote on it. Thank you, Sarah Dessen!
 
Reading regret:
Taking as long as I did to read Perks of Being a Wallflower. That book...it was a big deal to me.
 
Series you started and need to finish (all books are out in series):
There are a bunch of these, actually. I have a fear of final books. But I'd say the Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick. I have the first two books and have read them, but I don't even own the last two. I need to get on that!
 
Three of your all-time favorite books:
I have a shelf for this on Goodreads, so I'm just picking the first three I see...
Stolen by Lucy Christopher, Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover, Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
 
Unapologetic fangirl for:
Jennifer L. Armentrout (along with Val & Kay--the triplets!) and Victoria Scott (once the Super Fan, always the Super Fan)
 
Very excited for this release more than all the others:
The first book that comes to mind is Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott, which I have already read but I cannot wait for everyone to get to read it because I LOVE IT SO MUCH.
 
But I'll put one I HAVEN'T read, too--White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Can't wait to see her make gargoyles all hot and smexy ;)
 
One more because I can't help myself (I'm terrible at this, can't you tell?): The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead. Adrian! Ahhh, that boy kills me with his beautiful words. I can't wait to be inside his mind.
 
Worst bookish habit:
I don't do anything super bad...I treat my books super well. I do have a weird habit, though, of taking books of my shelf for little reasons and then not putting them back so they're stacked next to my bed. I usually do this until the stack is about to tip over, then I rearrange my shelves again.
 
X marks the spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
 
Your latest book purchase:
Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout :)
 
ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late:
King Hall by Scarlett Dawn! Goodness, that book was addicting.
 
Oh, wait! The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead. I was up late for that one.
 
~~~
 
Jamie always has the coolest ideas for fun bloggish stuff! What do you think of my answers? Did you do the survey? I'd like to see!
 
♥Jessica(:

3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Thank you for the shout out! SQUEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Secret Circle books when I was in high school. I didn't even try to watch the tv series as the Vampire Diaries was messed up from the very first episode and I didn't want to see one of my favorite books messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAVE THAT BOOKISH HABIT TOO. I definitely agree with Days of Blood and Starlight and YES THE FIERY HEART! I need some more Adrian in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!