Monday, March 5, 2012

Oh, Mondays & BLOODROSE (my current reading-endeavor update!)

What. A. Day. I am personally not a fan of Mondays at all, but some day of the week has to be this way, right? I had school today. Is it just me or can school be immensely frustrating? I was having a fantastic day. I really was.

Until I went to chemistry class.

For those of you who don't have to take chemistry or never did or whatever the case might be. . . well, you're missing out on nothing. It is a pointless subject for most people that I will never use once I get out of high school. I want to write. When in any part of my future will I have to know how to balance a chemical equation or know the difference between desposition (or whatever it's called) and sublimation? NEVER. I have no problem with school in general; I understand its importance and whatnot, but it can be so irritating. Especially when your most difficult class is something so unneeded.

Our chemistry class is a mess. We are on our third teacher. I'm not even kidding. We had one teacher for the whole first semester, and he was actually doing a great job. I sort of understood what was happening with him around. Then after Christmas Break, we had a new teacher. She had an accent that no one could understand, and didn't explain anything thouroughly enough. (Note: I have absolutely NOTHING against accents. I love them. I wish I had one. Sometimes I slip into using one without trying because I love them so much. In this situation, though, it was mighty inconvenient and so unpredictable.) Science has never been my strong suit. Ever. It's just not my cup of tea. So when I have a teacher that does not seem to be doing her job well at all. . . well I am not going to be happy. But I was sort of getting used to her. I could barely understand what she said, but she gave good fill-in-the-blank notes that kept me doing well on the three tests she was actually, you know, here for.

Because at the beginning of last week, I walked into class. And we had a new teacher. She told us the old teacher wasn't teaching us anymore and she would be here for the rest of the year. Explain this to me: since when to we just get new teachers out of the blue without any warning whatsoever? Oh, that's right. It isn't supposed to happen. So now we're dealing with this new teacher. She's okay. She seems nice enough, but stern enough, too, like she's not a push-over. That's good. Our class is insane. No one knows how to be quiet and listen for more than five minutes. Who knows, I may actually learn something now. But my problem is, what made me so annoyed about today. . . SHE HELD US AFTER THE FLIPPING BELL. I know, it sounds juvenile and immature to whine about this. But I have that class last period of the day, and when that bell rings I want to go home. I do not want to sit in class and listen to my chem teacher attempt to explain the procedures of a lab we aren't going to do until, like, Friday. Plus, I have a bus to catch. Luckily, I made my bus and got 10 extra credit points (along with everyone else who stayed and listened) for remaining somewhere around two minutes after the bell.

Yeah. So now that I got that out - gee, this blogging thing will be great for venting - I will move on to the book I am currently in the middle of reading. First, I just want to ask: you understand where my frustration comes from about chemistry, right? It makes sense? Being irritated at the total instability our class has? Good.

I am currently reading the last book in the Nightshade trilogy, Bloodrose. I plan on finishing it today or tomorrow (let's see how my Gatsby homework goes later. . .) then I'll just write a review on the whole trilogy. But I'll let you know my impression of the books so far: GENIUS. These books are so much more than just the ordinary werewolf story. There is so much background behind it that makes total sense in the world created in these pages. Bloodrose in particular is very well-written so far. I am happy with where the story is going, though I have a doom-y feeling about what is going to happen to a character whom I love. Yupp, read these books and you'll fall in love with someone. At the moment, I am fully aware that this book has the power to break my heart when I finish it. I'm kind of hoping that doesn't happen, but it usually does.

I'm a sucker for the underdogs.

Alright, so lastly I want to say thank you to everyone who is reading this right now! If you haven't read my revieew of The Demon's Lexicon trilogy by Sarah Rees Brennan yet, then I think you should check it out. . . like, NOW. Those books were phenominal. READ THEM. Okay, bye Friends!

♥Jessica(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! Comments make my day. I do read all the comments you post and try to reply if I can. If you leave a link, I will most definitely check it out! If you specifically ask a question, please check back for my reply!

As of October 2012, Just a Booklover is an award-free blog. I appreciate it so much that you want to award me with something, though!